Issues with Suite bar links configuration link not working on sub site collections

Feb 18, 2014 at 3:26 PM
So the issue I am having is your link to the Suite bar links configuration always points to my root site collection even when I'm on another site collection.
I have to manually put in the URL when I want to get to any other site collections settings.
It's not that hard at the moment but I was hoping to use your feature for my users mysites and that would require each user to manually type in the link since it goes to the root mysites configuration page if they click the link on their site.

Anyway to change this behaviour? I'm using the same term set across all site collections.
Feb 18, 2014 at 3:32 PM
I was looking through your Source Code and I believe I'd found a fix.

You have:
CustomAction GroupId="SiteCollectionAdmin" Id="CheckAllaboutmoss" Sequence="100" Location="Microsoft.SharePoint.SiteSettings" Title="Suite bar links configuration" RequireSiteAdministrator="TRUE">
<UrlAction Url="/_layouts/LB.GlobalSuiteLinks/SuiteBarConfig.aspx"/>
I think it should be:
CustomAction GroupId="SiteCollectionAdmin" Id="CheckAllaboutmoss" Sequence="100" Location="Microsoft.SharePoint.SiteSettings" Title="Suite bar links configuration" RequireSiteAdministrator="TRUE">
<UrlAction Url="~sitecollection/_layouts/LB.GlobalSuiteLinks/SuiteBarConfig.aspx"/>
I could be wrong though and that might be the root site collection also.